In this version, we changed Google Reader login method to OAuth. (We admin it should have done earlier.) RssBook does not save user password any more. Users are redirected to Google sign-in and requested to permit RssBook. Previously saved passwords will be deleted, so users prompted to re-sign in when sync. And multiple Google account support feature is also upgraded and fully integrated with OAuth.
- Feed fetches are more stabilized. If fail to read feed (in rare case, Google Reader return error or invalid format), it just skip that feed only. (Previously fail all sync).
- Facebook framework updated to fix some sign-in bug. It may require re-signing in to Facebook if not display user name correctly in setting->social menu.
New updated 1.3.5 version has released.
Long anticipated ‘Color Theme’ feature has arrived. Including ‘Night mode’, there are 11 color themes available. In addition, a lot of new fonts are supported, 15 fonts altogether. These features are accessible at font menu in article view or display setting menu. Personally i like ‘Slate Gray’ and ‘Ivory’ color theme. And impressed with ‘GillSans’ font.
- ‘Translate by Google’ menu in article actions popup.
- Add website data management in setting->maintenance. (only iOS 6.0 later)
- Image viewer loads images slightly faster.
There will be another important update following in one or two weeks later. In that, we change log-in mechanism to OAuth 2.0. No more saving password.